Recently uncovered chip vulnerabilities, such as Spectre and Meltdown, serve as a harsh reminder that our systems can only be as secure as the weakest link. Since their discovery three years ago, hardware vulnerabilities have seen an exponential increase. They exploit weaknesses in chip design and low-level firmware and frequently cause irreparable damage across the semiconductor industry affecting both our enterprise and consumer digital infrastructure.
Tortuga Logic offers leading-edge products and services to help customers detect and remediate security weaknesses during the semiconductor design process. Its Radix line of products augments existing chip verification flows and enables design teams to fix security flaws as chips are developed while giving security teams ongoing insight to drive the overall security program.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Security Engineer will be responsible for providing invaluable security expertise and consultation to the company and its customers and helping drive the company’s technology and product roadmap. The Security Engineer will significantly contribute to the enhancement of the company’s security products and drive its adoption in a rapidly growing segment of the cybersecurity market.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide unique insight on security requirements to engineering team and the company’s customers
- Deliver guidance on, and sometimes prototype, product enhancements to the company’s security products
- Frequently meet with company’s engineering and customer support teams to provide security consultation and instruction
- Work closely with customers to solve bleeding edge, real-world security challenges
- Create and deliver technical papers and presentations at technical conferences
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (MS or PhD preferred)
- Background in cybersecurity and general cryptographic topics
- Experience with hardware security topics including physical and microarchitectural side channels, secure boot, and hardware roots of trust
- Knowledge of system-on-chip (SoC) microarchitectures and their common security constructs
- Ability to work collaboratively in a start-up environment
About Tortuga Logic:
Tortuga Logic enables efficient and comprehensive security verification throughout the entire lifecycle of semiconductor chip development, so organizations can detect and mitigate hardware vulnerabilities before manufacturing. The company’s Radix™ product line enables rigorous hardware security assurance for all silicon devices, helping companies that build or rely on semiconductors achieve security signoff faster and reduce risk. Founded in 2014, Tortuga Logic is headquartered in San Jose, CA.