Recently uncovered chip vulnerabilities, such as Spectre and Meltdown, serve as a harsh reminder that our systems can only be as secure as the weakest link. Since their discovery three years ago, hardware vulnerabilities have seen an exponential increase. They exploit weaknesses in chip design and low-level firmware and frequently cause irreparable damage across the semiconductor industry affecting both our enterprise and consumer digital infrastructure.
Tortuga Logic offers leading-edge products and services to help customers detect and remediate security weaknesses during the semiconductor design process. Its Radix line of products augments existing chip verification flows and enables design teams to fix security flaws as chips are developed while giving security teams ongoing insight to drive the overall security program.
Tortuga Logic is seeking a Software Engineer to work in our R&D team in the development and delivery of unique & innovative products to address the growing need for secure SoC designs.
Our software development team is tasked with the development of the software applications that deploy our Tortuga Logic technology to analyze RTL designs for security vulnerabilities. As part of the R&D engineering team, you will be integral to the specification and development of our existing and emerging products.
The Tortuga Logic Toolkit provides our customers the method to set up and run our products from a Graphic User Interface, a scriptable shell interface, and in batch command line mode. In addition we provide graphical analysis tools to display results of their hardware security verification. Our ideal candidate is visually creative with knowledge of state-of-the-art tools and techniques for user interface design. You will be part of a team exploring methods to convey security information in text and visual forms.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) developer with familiarity with chip design and verification flows. You have a good understanding of UI product and client/server architecture. We desire independent developers who desire to influence the definition of our product. You will have the opportunity to join a team that is in the vanguard of a growing need in the space of hardware security. You do not need to be an expert in security concepts, but you will become one.
- Expert level engineer with a minimum of 10 years of proficiency in User Interface design
- Deep knowledge in design and architecture of efficient, scalable software systems and data structures to large data sets
- Experience in multi-threading, multi-tasking and job distribution and client/server architectures
- Expert programming and debug skills in C/C++, Java (NetBeans) or similar
- Experience in full stack web app software, including Angular or React
- Ability to operate in a small team and be an effective communicator
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- Experience in the development and support of commercial EDA software
- Experience in the implementation and verification of SoC designs
- A background in Computer Security or familiarity with Computer Security topics